The International Conference “Sustainable Solutions to Wastewater Management: Maximizing the Impact of Territorial Co-operation”is the final event of WASTEnet Program, which will explore the potentials of low cost and energy solutions to wastewater management. The scope of this Conference is to present through the activities carried out by the WASTEnet partnership the state of the art in the field of Sustainable Wastewater Treatment Systems (with emphasis on Natural Treatment Systems, Constructed Wetlands and other small or on-site treatment systems), aiming at their implementation potential in the wider Black Sea Basin area and generally in developing countries. The diffusion of the best available knowledge in this field from international experts and the exchange of experiences with an audience composed of key decision makers from the local, the regional and the national level, the EU representation in these Black Sea countries, NGOs, professional associations, the private sector and other major actors, is expected to decisively contribute to starting a process that will lead to tangible results for local communities and foster broader and deeper transnational cooperation in the wider Black Sea Basin region. The Conference will help local and regional authorities and stakeholders to gain insight on the role of innovative and environmentally friendly technologies, in improving the environment in remote, rural communities of the broader Black Sea region. The Conference will be followed by a one-day study visit in existing Natural Treatment Systems operating in the region of Macedonia, Greece.
The conference aims to bring together the researchers, academicians, students, NGOs and policy makers in the field of sustainable wastewater treatment systems.
As WASTEnet family, we invite high quality original papers comprising unpublished results of conceptual, empirical, experimental or theoretical work in the areas listed below;
- Urban and Industrial WWTreatmentSystems
- Natural TreatmentSystems and Constructed Wetlands
- Small and MediumWW TreatmentFacilities
- Decentralized WWTreatmentSystems
- On-site WWTreatmentSystems
- Sludge TreatmentSystems
- Wastewater Reuse
- Urban/AgriculturalRunoff–Mine-Landfillleachate– EDCs– PesticidesTreatment
- Costs –Economics –Financing -Social Issues of Wastewater Treatment
- Environmental Footprint– Life Cycle Assessment, Performance Assessment andRiskManagement
- Casestudies on Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Wastewater Legislation and Policies in EU and Black SeaCountries